Terms and conditions
By using the services provided by Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service you are agreeing to these Terms And Conditions.
Please read these Terms And Conditions carefully before proceeding to use our services.
In these Terms And Conditions:
1. The "Customer" is any individual, business or company that request the services of Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service.
2. The "Courier" is any person employed with Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service whether permanently, part time or on a
3. The "Sender" is the person that is responsible for sending out any document or package from the pick up point.
4. The "Receiver" is the person that is responsible for receiving any document or package at the delivery point.
1. All request for deliveries, collections or bill payments must be made via our online order entry system, if for any reason the online order
entry system can't be accessible orders can then be made via email or telephone.
2. Please ensure that when placing orders via our online order entry panel that all required information is correct. Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service will not be held liable for any delivery mishap due to the wrong order information placed by the customer.
3. All waybills are to be generated and printed by the customer.
4. Any corrections to be made to any delivery request after it has been sent by the Customer can only be made by Thompson's Messenger
And Courier Service. The customer must inform Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service of these required corrections as soon as
1. The sender must ensure that all documents and packages are ready for pick up on or before the courier arrives at the pick up point.
2. Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service reserve the right to take pictures of any document or package that is collected by a
courier as part of Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service proof of pick up and proof of delivery service. This can be instructed
otherwise by the customer and must be done via email.
3. The customer may be charged a fee for any delivery request that has been cancelled after it has been collected by the courier and in transit. This fee is determine based on the delivery request factors.
4. Once a delivery request is cancelled all documents and packages that was collected by the courier in accordance with this delivery request
will be return to the sender unless instructed otherwise by the customer.
5. Bill Payments And Banking Transactions:
(a). All bill payments, BIR and NIS payments can only be done via cheques. (No cash transactions)
(b). All banking transactions and deposits can only be done via cheques. (No cash transactions)
(c). The customer must ensure that all documents for bill payments, NIS, BIR and banking transactions are fill out properly. Please note that the courier will not be responsible for the filling out of these documents.
6. Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service will not accept any liability whatsoever for any delivery that was not delivered on time or any
bill payment or banking transaction that wasn't done on time due to:
(a). Any wrong labeling or any wrong transaction information given to Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service by the customer or
(b). Any uncontrollable conditions that can cause a delay in the courier completing a delivery or transaction on time.
1. Before pick up by the courier the sender must ensure that:
(a) All letters, documents and payments are placed in envelops, label and sealed.
(b) All packages and boxes are package properly with cushioning where necessary, label and sealed.
(c) This will include the attaching of printed waybills on documents, packages and boxes where necessary.
2. The courier has the right to refuse collection of any document, package or box that has not been package sealed and label properly.
3. Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service will not be liable for any damage to items while in transit if they were not package
properly by the sender.
4. All packages or boxes for delivery by Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service must not exceed 8ft in length and girth combined
or weigh more than 30lbs.
5. The value of any package for delivery by Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service must not exceed $10,000.00 TT in value.
6. Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service has the rights to open and inspect any document, package or box once in our possession.
Items not eligible for carriage.
Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service will not accept for transit:
Any noxious, dangerous, inflammable or explosive items.
Guns and ammunitions
Payment for service.
1. The customer is responsible for all payments for services rendered to them by Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service.
2. Customers that intend to use our services on an occasional basis which doesn't exceed 15 request per month are required to pay upfront
for these services. This can be done via online payment or via linx or credit card when the courier comes to collect or deliver.
3. (a) Customers that will be using our services on a continuous basis with delivery request that exceeds 15 request per month will be
invoiced twice per month.
(b) These invoices will be sent out to customers on the 15th and at the end of every month.
(c) Payment for these invoices must be made no later than five (5) days after they have been received by the customer.
(d) Payments can be made via online payment, Linx, Credit card or Cheque.
(Cheques are to be made out to Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service)
Payment collection options on deliveries.
At Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service we offer payment collection options for our customers when there items are delivered.
1. Payments can be collected via cash, debit card, credit card or cheques.
2. All payments collected on our customers behalf for their deliveries are deposited from our bank account to theirs before the end of the
next business day.
3. Payments collected via cash, debit card or cheques carry a surcharge of $5.00 per transaction.
4. Payments collected via credit card carry a surcharge of $5.00 per transaction plus 3% of the amount collected.
Goods in transit Insurance.
All items for carriage by Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service is covered under our goods in transit insurance.
The conditions for this coverage are as follows:
1. In the event of loss or damage Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service will be liable up to a limit of $600.00 (TT) per delivery.
(Single or combine packages)
2. Additional coverage is available for customers that require a higher value for carriage and a value surcharge will apply.
(a) For deliveries with a declared value over $600.00 (TT) a value surcharge of 1% of the declared value of the delivery will apply.
3. The maximum declared value for any single delivery carried by Thompson's Messenger And Courier Service is $10,000.00. (TT).